I am attracted to people who are not available in order to keep myself safe.
I can ask for what I need and for what I want and expect that that will be respected.
I don't have to agree to things just to keep the peace.
It's okay to say no.
Much of my life has been informed by poverty and parenting.
Reading was a protective factor. I could escape into books when things were terrible and those books saved me and taught me more about life than my parents could.
I am a capable adult. I am a capable adult because I raised myself that way. I'm capable in spite of how I was raised, not because my parents raised me to be capable.
[My childhood] set me up to accept abuse as normal
I can ask for what I need and for what I want and expect that that will be respected.
I don't have to agree to things just to keep the peace.
It's okay to say no.
Much of my life has been informed by poverty and parenting.
Reading was a protective factor. I could escape into books when things were terrible and those books saved me and taught me more about life than my parents could.
I am a capable adult. I am a capable adult because I raised myself that way. I'm capable in spite of how I was raised, not because my parents raised me to be capable.
[My childhood] set me up to accept abuse as normal
Comments
Post a Comment