I need these reminders, for when the gaslighting starts:
Dad was depressed. When he was awake, he was miserable. His inability to deal with his emotional issues is his alone. This has led to broken relationships and estrangements with my half-sisters and their families.
Andrew was abusive. When he was pinching my ass, it was sexual abuse. When Mum and Dad did not address it, or told me he wouldn't do it if I didn't react, this was also abusive. I deserved to be protected.
My mum did not protect me, and contributed to the trauma by shaming me for my body.
I was depressed as early as age 10 and this was not noticed or addressed in any way.
David was abusive. David continued to be abusive after I left by undermining my parenting and this has resulted in estrangement from my child.
I have CPTSD and this meant I was constantly triggered by Nathan's actions, esp his refusal to cooperate and when he would get physical with me.
Dad was depressed. When he was awake, he was miserable. His inability to deal with his emotional issues is his alone. This has led to broken relationships and estrangements with my half-sisters and their families.
Andrew was abusive. When he was pinching my ass, it was sexual abuse. When Mum and Dad did not address it, or told me he wouldn't do it if I didn't react, this was also abusive. I deserved to be protected.
My mum did not protect me, and contributed to the trauma by shaming me for my body.
I was depressed as early as age 10 and this was not noticed or addressed in any way.
David was abusive. David continued to be abusive after I left by undermining my parenting and this has resulted in estrangement from my child.
I have CPTSD and this meant I was constantly triggered by Nathan's actions, esp his refusal to cooperate and when he would get physical with me.
Comments
Post a Comment